10.06.2010

Handmade Goodies

What a beautiful day today is! I hear birds chirping and the trees dancing as the wind breezes by them. I'm home for lunch and wanted to share with you a few handmade things that we used in my wedding. All of my bridesmaids wore different similar dresses. I like this idea for a couple reasons, 1. adds color and texture to the wedding 2. I wanted to make sure all my girls felt beautiful in their dresses, and comfortable. So they picked the dress according to the color palette I gave them and whatever their body shape looked good in. Also, some dresses had a waist band to add a cute belt and some didn't. The girls with the dresses that had a waist band I made them flower belts, and the rest hair pieces.

This waist flower belt, I made for Ashley. One of the maid of honors.
Photobucket
Here is the birdcage veil I made and to the right is one of the flower hair pieces.
Photobucket
another bridesmaid waist flower belt.
Photobucket
cost was amazingly cheap. Just lot's of time...but completely worth it!

Have wonderful wednesday, its beautiful out go enjoy it!

photography by my amazing wedding photographers [sloan Photographers]

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can you say how to make them pleaseeee! they're so cute

Kelly said...

lovely! I made a birdcage veil for my wedding too! I wish I'd added feathers though, they make it luscious!

Follow Me

Follow The Southern Swoop Blog

Labels

Followers

Search This Blog

Taste and see that the LORD is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.
-Psalm 34:8

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP